What is PiGrid?
PiGrid is a software that enables easy access to the world of the cryptocurrency Gridcoin and the open-source research platform BOINC via a Raspberry Pi, without any complex configuration and installation procedures. As an all-in-one solution, it combines the features of a Gridcoin wallet and a BOINC client for participating in international research and distributed computing projects and get paid for it.
The PiGrid software for Raspberry Pi offers you four features. First, you can manage your funds on a separate hardware wallet out of reach from 3rd party apps and viruses. Second, stake your coins or contribute to science to earn more Gridcoins with PiGrid. Third, become a paid home-based researcher by enabling the processing power of your PiGrid device by solving various issues from different international BOINC research projects. Fourth, find and take full control of your PiGrid device with our PiGrid companion app and manage your wallet, research, and device settings via a smartphone or tablet.
In order to use the PiGrid software, the following requirements must be met:
- Raspberry Pi Model 2 or higher (e.g. Raspberry Pi 3 B+)
- Compatible Power Supply (e.g. Offical Pi Power Supply)
- microSD Card (Class 10) of minimum 32 GB (Gigabyte) (e.g. Samsung EVO Plus 32GB)
- LAN Connection through Ethernet cable
- External PC / Laptop to flash microSD Card and to gain access to your PiGrid interface